WHO ARE HARRISONS SIGNS?9th June 2017
In 1909 Charles Harrison founded a one-man signage painting business in the city of York. It was after his visit to the USA that Charles saw the potential of the new silk screen printing process and as a result, his business became the first within the North East of England to develop this process.
The Company was incorporated as Harrisons Signs Ltd in 1928 as Alfred Hunter, a second-generation professional ticket writer from Brighton, joined Charles in the business. Harrisons Signs Ltd grew steadily over the years, taking on more apprentices and craftsmen and upon his retirement Charles sold his share of the business to Alfred Hunter, the father of our present Chairman.
From 1909 to the present day, the Company has enjoyed steady growth and on several occasions Harrisons has been forced to relocate premises in order to take account of continued expansion.
In more recent history Harrisons has been very successful in gaining a market share of the Exhibition industry and today customers in both Signage and Exhibition markets have benefited from a business that has grown through innovation, attention to detail, customer care and of course the craftsmanship which has evolved from over a century of trading.Back to all news